1. Life is always full of UPS and DOWNS – the momentum shifted teams like a roller coaster throughout the game!
2. It’s not important how you begin (read: boring, scoreless 1st Quarter), but how you FINISH! The match served up one of the more exciting finishes in recent memory
3. Never Give Up! The Patriot’s remarkable comeback and game winning drive, as well as the Seahawk’s 2-minute drive to the New England 1 yard line are simply exemplary!
4. Always Stay Focused on the Job Right Till The End! В An incredible drive by Seattle with 2:02 left on the clock put them within ONE YARD of Superbowl glory. Then suddenly, one bad play-call later resulted in an interception and it was all wasted.
5. Don’t Rush Things! Plan well with the knowledge of how much time you have. Seattle actually had 26 seconds to go to gain ONE MORE MISERABLE YARD. They rushed the play.
6. Leverage on your STRENGTHS. At Goal and 1, Seattle should have gone the direct route В of Marshawn Lynch, one of the NFL’s best running backs, having THREE shots at rushing the ball over into the End Zone. Instead, they tried something else and paid the price.
7. Success FARВ Outweighs Failures – Amidst the wild, victorious celebrations, many may forget that Tom Brady threw 2 Interceptions in this game – one deep into Seattle territory in Q1 and another one in Q3. However, this did not distract him from recovering brilliantly to engineer the fightback in Q4 and finishing well with 4 TD passes!
8. Forget Mistakes IMMEDIATELY and Stay Focused on Job At Hand – When Malcom Butler’s deflected a long-range pass that freakishly bounced and bounced and eventually fell right into the lap of Seattle’sВ Jermaine Kearse at the New England 5-yard line, he must have felt like the ground just swallowed him up! 3 plays later, he picked himself up to make that all important interception that secured victory for the Patriots!
And there you have it folks! What an exciting FINAL!! Congrats again to the New England Patriots on their Superbowl XLIX Victory! Now, who says you can’t learn any life lessons from sports? ;-P