I know, I know. It’s been about a week since Rafael Nadal sealed his seventh French Open championship with (yet) another breathless run in Roland Garros . So I thought it would be great to reflect a little on this year’s French Open quickly before Wimbledon begins..:-p
Here are 5 things I have learnt from French Open 2012:
1. The only thing that can stop Nadal in French Open is…..the RAIN
2. The clay surface neutralises speed, power, spins and volleys. Suddenly all players seem to have an equal chance against the higher ranked players
3. Rain + Clay = Hardcourt… Djokovic’s wish almost came true..
4. Rallies will win you В matches here….unless it starts to rain..
5. The rest of the world have a lot of catching up to do to reach the tremendous level of both Nadal and Nole